My Blog List

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Sweet Young Thang....

This will be quick. Just a note that Jerri, the love of my life...the reason I put socks on my feet every morning, as opposed to my ears, will be turning 40 next week. I know, 40!?! why that ain't nothing but a word! Been there done that ( but please don't ask me exactly when as it was SO long ago, and things get hazy after awhile.....)but the fact is She hasn't, and I think I understand the way she feels. Forty just sounds a whole lot more serious than thirty. You could be found with a party hat and clown makeup on, bent over the hood of a car with a scoop of Starbucks Mocha Fudge Ice cream shoved up your ass, and people would say,"Oh! She's Thirty? What'd you expect?" But Forty...not so much. The world says,"Well, come on now you're moving up there...you gotta start getting serious about stuff." I've really never bought into that...and I hope Jerri avoids that trap too. I love her SO much,..she will always be My Sweet Young Thang,..and no matter how she chooses to view the new decade before her, she'll always know she's a shitload younger than me, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment