My Blog List

Friday, April 1, 2011

Memory...

Let's clear this up right now. I was thinking about Memory, the kind of thing both you and I have, and NOT "Memories", that song from the Broadway show "Cats", which, by the way, I did see at the Wintergarden in NYC some time back. I think I caught it in it's 1000th performance and people were going into convulsions with praise for the very wonderfulness of it all. To be honest..I didn't get it. People in tights,acting like cats, caterwauling lame Andrew L. Webber tunes, left me with a feeling of,...well, like if you had a blindfold on and someone said they were going to feed you a nice spoonful of corn flakes, only to fill your anticipating mouth with used kitty litter...something in that order. It made me want to kill the cats I owned, and probably yours too, if I'd known you.But this thankfully passed, but I will always wonder,"Why the Fuck did I go to such a thing?" Now that, my Dear Peeps is a Memory and we all have them ( hopefully, if you have ever had the occasion to experience CATS! The Musical! yours is better than mine..if it is you must have been totally stoned). And you see how memories work? The insidious way they creep into what I was trying to write about and derail my train of thought? Damn It! I'll try this again...tomorrow...if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment